Sunday, March 5, 2017

New Day service, 3/5/17

The service at Amani House  tonight was wonderful! The hosts, Peter and  Ahadi (sp?), are a lovely Congolese couple (Peter was at choir practice, so I actually didn't get to meet him 😊), so we got to learn two praise songs in Swahili, plus we had our scripture reading (Matthew 17:1-13) in Swahili, Korean, and English (three different readings).

That's one thing I love about being at Grace and being part of the Epworth communities -- there are people from all different cultures and backgrounds. So different from the churches I went to 20+ years ago.

Having heard the Lord's Prayer in Korean the past few weeks, and in Swahili tonight, makes me want to learn it in Japanese now, lol. (For those who don't know, I'm Japanese on my mom's side; I was just never interested in learning the language.)

Even though I didn't feel like I was "home" as I do at Bonhoeffer and Cochran Houses, I do look forward to going to future services there.

No comments:

Post a Comment