Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Good news, bad news, worse news

Bad news: Epworth housing is off the table -- for now.

Worse news: I'm being evicted from the porch at Bonhoeffer, per the Board of Trustees at the church. (I have to be gone on Monday.)

Good news: I'm going to the Housing Crisis Center at the church down the street on Thursday (they say they can get me housing in five days. We'll see.)

The Epworth Project leaders want me to wait several months (possibly up to a year) before I try working with them on building an Epworth-style community or maybe launching an actual Epworth community. (They want to make sure I'm stable.) I don't know if I can wait that long! I've had a good taste of living in community from being at Bonhoeffer and the few times I've been to Cochran; this is something I need! I just don't know how to make people understand that I want and need something to belong to. Yes, they've all told me that I belong to the Bonhoeffer and Cochran communities, but I need more than just a few nights a week. I belong at Grace, but I need more than just Sunday morning or the occasional lunch meeting.

I need friends to spend time with, to talk to, to share stuff with. I've had that at Bonhoeffer, yes, but as I said, it's only a couple of nights a week and the occasional Saturday. (Not the guys' fault at all; I can understand that they're busy with school and work and responsibilities at the house... and I believe there's this thing called a "personal life" that they need time for, too.) And it's the same at Cochran House, Francis House, Savannah House...

I just need something to help me get rid of this depression and loneliness I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment