Thursday, February 23, 2017

Meeting, 2/23/17

I just had a very productive meeting/brainstorming session with Adam, Judith, and Ryan about how I can use my gifts to help at the church and Bonhoeffer.

One thing I can do is write a short note for the Grace newsletter once a month about what's going on at the house (for instance, if I'd written something to go out this week, I would have said that we will not be having community meals on March 1st due to the Ash Wednesday service at the church or on the 15th as three of the residents will be out of town then, and that we will be meeting for coffee and fellowship on the 25th and March 4th).

Once we see how that goes, I can start writing twice a month, as well as perhaps writing a Bonhoeffer House blog. (There actually used to be one written by the first house steward, but I guess he got too busy to keep it updated. 😊)

I'm also going to see about joining a couple of committees at the church; the Hospitality (Welcome) Committee (self-explanatory) and the Board of Church and Society (aka the Justice Team) which works for equal rights for the LGBT+ community, the disabled, and others. Plus, as I've said, I've been invited to join​ UMW and I've signed up for a Meet and Eat group.

I have a feeling I'm going to be quite busy (you should see the big ol' smile on my face right now)...

1 comment:

  1. Glenna, Grace and I will be seriously praying for you and your journey on this path.

    ReplyDelete